TRAINING IN SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION: ACTING TECHNIQUES FOR PUBLIC SPEAKING
Within the agreement signed between the Autonomous University of Madrid and the association Scientists Returned to Spain, whose member is the Founder of CommunACT, we collaborate on the AUM academic course Expert in Public Communication and Dissemination of Science.
Dramatic and acting techniques have always been used as a tool in the art of communication. Applying those studies and performing practices in the field of Scientific Communication gives an innovative dimension to this project.
The workshop consists in teaching strategies and techniques in Scientific Communication and Dissemination:
- ♦ Text structure and presentation: communicating scientific projects, outcomes and news from Science.
- ♦ Body language and non-verbal communication.
- ♦ Communicating emotions and attitudes.
- ♦ Public speaking.
- ♦ Communicative patterns and models.
- ♦ Communicative styles in different environments (politics, journalism, entrepreneurship, society).
- ♦ Dialogue techniques and social interaction.
- ♦ Deaing with “hot issues” and conflict prevention.
The workshop is based on practical interactive methodology in creative writing, textual dramatization and acting techniques.