BILINGUAL COURSES AND SERVICES IN SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION
“Scientists and engineers can change the world, but first they must solve their serious communication problem.”
The age of scientific progress will be the age of communication.
SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION AND DISSEMINATION
- Dramatization and theater techniques in scientific communication.
- Non-verbal and body language communicating emotions and attitudes.
- Voice, gesture, movement and stage fright.
- Pragmatic and persuasive language in scientific communication.
- Speaking forms: presentation, interview, pitch, outreach events, speech, debate, media.
- Communication models: politics, journalism, business, etc.
- Dialogue techniques, improvisation and social interaction.
- Deaing with “hot issues” and conflict prevention.
ACADEMIC WRITING AND SPECIALIZED SCIENTIFIC LANGUAGE
- From article to news: content, structure and language.
- Creative writing and dramatization in scientific communication.
- Scientific and technical terminology for professionals outside academia.
- Specialized writing and language acurrency.
- Textual structure and development.
- Specialized texts: article, essay, technical report, correspondence, review, memoranda.
- (Ab)using foreign terminology.
- Professional writing in foreign languages.
- Scientific and technical translation.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Transferables scientific skills in non-academic environment.
- Scientific curriculum in education and industry.
- Entrepreneurship in science.
- Research values and social involvement.
- Outreach and social networking.